Rheology & viscosity testing and texture analysis
Our laboratory is equipped with high quality rheometers and viscometers and a wide range of testing accessories and measuring systems to suit most applications and materials. Our equipment list includes:
Rheology Testing Service: AR2000EX and AR1000N Controlled Stress Rheometers
- Viscosity profiling as a function of shear stress, shear rate and temperature.
- Zero-shear and infinite shear viscosity
- Yield stress, critical strain and thixotropy.
- Viscoelasticity profiling through oscillatory (dynamic) and creep testing modes
- Determination of complex, elastic (storage) and viscous (loss) moduli, complex viscosity, phase angle and tan delta.
- Vane testing methods
- Normal stress and 1st Normal stress coefficient
- Wide selection of cone and plate, plate/plate, concentric cylinders, crosshatched/roughened geometries of various materials.
Anton Paar / Physica MC1
- Viscosity / shear rate profiling
- Viscosity/temperature profile
Viscosity Testing Lab: Brookfield viscometers
- Brookfield viscosity
- Viscosity index / “thixotropic” index.
- Standard “dip-in” disk spindles
- Small Sample Adaptor
Texture Analysis: CT3 Texture Analyzer
- Texture profile analysis
- Gel Bloom test
- Gel strength and rigidity
- Extrusion testing
- Probe penetration test
Brookfield RS Range of rheometers
- Cone and plate rheometer
- Concentric cylinder / coaxial cylinder rheometer
- RS-SST Vane shear tester / Soft solids tester
- Yield stress and creep testing
- Slurry viscosity and rheology testing
- Penetration testing
- Fluidity test to AST
Additional capabilities include: pH, moisture analysis, density, accelerated stability, freeze/thaw.